How maintenance agreements can help you keep your cool at work this summer.
If you’re a small business owner, it’s time to take a look at the advantages of commercial HVAC maintenance agreements. This is especially true in the spring before cooling season. Regular maintenance can help you avoid common AC problems. Let’s take a look at three of them, and how you might be able to troubleshoot them yourself.
Problem #1: AC is Blowing Warm Air
No one wants a hot office in the summer, so if your cooling system isn’t cooling, it’s time to look for the cause. The most common reason for an AC system to blow warm air is the wrong setting on the thermostat. Other reasons include:
- Dirty or clogged condenser coil
- Debris that could be clogging the feed line
- Debris on the outside unit that could be impacting performance
Problem #2: Air Conditioner Won’t Turn On
Even worse than warm air blowing is an air conditioner that won’t turn on at all. Some possible causes include:
- A tripped electrical breaker
- The compressor is off or has lost power
- Faulty wiring or a broken internal component
Problem #3: Cooling System Shuts Off Unexpectedly
Another common problem occurs when your cooling system shuts off unexpectedly. When the summer is hot, you want constant cooling. Here’s what to look for:
- Debris could be present in the evaporator coil
- There could be something blocking the fan
- The air filter could be dirty or clogged
When your employees are counting on you to make sure their work environment is cool and comfortable, you need to make sure your cooling system keeps working. Instead of troubleshooting constant problems, have your system serviced in the spring to fix any issues and prep the unit for summer cooling season. For all the information you need on commercial HVAC maintenance agreements, contact our expert team at H.H. Hovey Heating and Cooling.