You’ll never be as thankful for 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair as you are when your AC breaks down during a hot North Carolina summer. Knowing where to turn when you need emergency repair services is crucial. Plus, you may be wondering what you should do while you wait for the repairman to arrive. Keep reading to get the information to guide you.
The AC Quit. Now What?
Reaching out to a reliable 24-hour emergency AC repair service ASAP is your first best step. Look for an HVAC company that offers repair expertise and exceptional customer service to put your mind at ease. You should be able to contact their office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to reach a team member who can tell you when the technician will arrive to fix your air conditioning.
What to Do While You Wait for AC Repair
In most cases, the emergency AC technician should arrive promptly. But during the hottest months, the demand for repair services is high, so you may need to wait. Here’s what you can do to stay cool before the repair tech makes it to your home:
- Close any blinds or curtains to block out the sunlight.
- Turn off any heat-generating electronics such as computers and televisions.
- Use ceiling fans and the whole-house fan to keep air circulating throughout the home.
- If you have a chimney, open the flue to draw the warm air out of your home.
- Avoid turning on the stove or other heat-producing appliances like the dishwasher or the clothes dryer.
- Dress in light, loose clothing and stay hydrated.
For dependable 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair to restore cooling to your home fast, contact H. H. Hovey Heating and Cooling.