Carbon monoxide detectors protect indoor air quality as well as your safety.
Do you think your home’s indoor air quality is pristine? Think again! The number one danger to your indoor air is carbon monoxide. It can be deadly. That’s why you need carbon monoxide detectors strategically placed around your home. If any of the following applies to your home, now is the time to talk with a pro and select the right number and type of detectors.
What You Should Know About Carbon Monoxide
Your furnace, or any natural gas-powered appliances, produces carbon monoxide as a byproduct of burning fuel. The dangerous gas is safely vented out of your home unless there’s a problem, a breakdown, or a broken vent. If the carbon monoxide gets into the air in your home, it can be deadly. The gas is odorless, tasteless, and colorless, which means you won’t know it’s in your air until it’s too late.
Taking Action Before Anyone Gets Sick
Do you know the typical signs of carbon monoxide poisoning? An upset stomach, headaches that come out of nowhere, and feeling dizzy are the first signs. Your CO detectors will sound alarms when they detect carbon monoxide. If your detector goes off, leave the house immediately and call the fire department. If anyone shows any signs of poisoning, call 911.
Are you unsure of how to choose the right CO detectors for your home? Contact our team at H.H. Hovey today for help choosing the type, quantity, and placement of those detectors. We’ll help you make choices that protect the home’s indoor air quality and keep everyone safe.